As well as providing schools and many puzzle followers with the number challenges at this website, one of our main educational activity is to deliver fun & effective maths/puzzle workshops in both primary and secondary schools.
For the past 16 years, we have travelled all over the UK to every different type of school to help children enjoy maths.
Paul Godding is the UK’s leading authority in designing maths-related board games, card games & puzzles and then engaging and inspiring the children by applying these resources effectively in the classroom to improve their maths enjoyment, confidence, resilience, skills and results.
This excellent range of resources are developed and hand-picked to be suitable for all ages and abilities when working in the classroom.
The picture below shows a couple of PGCE students deep in concentration attempting a tricky 7puzzle challenge which is fully testing their thought processes and stretching their problem-solving skills.
The whole range of games not only challenges the children’s number skills, but also acts as a confidence-builder. They contain strategy, logic, shape & space, memory and visual aspects as well as helping children to focus on the social etiquette of communicating, listening, turn-taking, sharing and team-working while participating in the activities.
The sessions begin with a few number tricks and brainteasers to get the pupils in a relaxed frame of mind, then the games are taken on with the teacher able to observe his/her children participating, some of which are seen in a different light to normal.
Here are some brief points to consider if you wish to book Paul’s expertise and invite our company to your school for the day in 2017:
- It is usual to deliver three or four sessions when visiting Primary schools, which can cover EYFS, KS1 and/or KS2 classes
- Secondary schools typically request five or six sessions during the day to coincide with their timetable
- A handful of Y5/Y6 students usually help the little ones when working with EYFS and KS1 classes
- Paul has also worked in many First & Middle schools over the years
- Each session takes place in the classroom and caters for a maximum of 30 children
- The maths-related resources are available to purchase by schools, parents and the general public
- The fee for a full-day is £495 plus travel/accommodation
- An extra dedicated CPD workshop for teaching staff or parents session at the end of the day can be organised for an additional fee of £95
- Parents are also welcome to attend my day-time workshops to observe their children participating in the classroom activities
- We also offer half-day workshops for £295 plus travel.
Click this Workshop Feedback link to read some reviews of some recent school visits.
Nearly half-a-million children have benefited from our workshops over the past 16 years, so to arrange a visit to your school, please leave a comment below or send an e-mail to us at email@example.com.
If you would prefer to discuss any of the above over the phone, please click this for our telephone number and other means of getting in touch. We can talk about your particular school’s requirements at any time.
You may also be interested in visiting PuzzleFriday for information on how the above activities could dramatically improve maths results in your school.