. . . is an interesting logic puzzle for you to try.
Insert the numbers 1-9 into the correct positions in this 3-by-3 grid after studying the seven clues below. Each number should appear exactly once.
x x x
x x x
x x x
Here are the clues:
- The 2 is directly left of the 1,
- The 6 is directly right of the 7,
- The 8 is directly above the 9,
- The 9 is directly right of the 5,
- The 3 is further left than the 7,
- The 4 is directly below the 3,
- The 5 is in the very central position of the grid.
The 7puzzle Challenge
The playing board of the 7puzzle game is a 7-by-7 grid containing 49 different numbers, ranging from 2 up to 84.
The 1st & 4th columns of the playing board contain the following fourteen numbers:
3 6 13 20 21 22 27 42 55 56 60 63 72 77
What is the sum of the lowest five numbers listed?
Make 331 Challenge
Can you arrive at 331 by inserting 1, 3, 11, 13, 31 and 33 into the gaps below?
(◯–◯)×◯+◯–◯–◯ = 331
Answers can be found here.
Click Paul Godding for details of online math tuition. Wherever you are in the world, please get in touch.